Log in

December Luncheon "2020 Economic Outlook"

  • 10 Dec 2019
  • 11:15 AM - 1:30 PM
  • National Housing Center, Washington, DC


  • Bronze Members and their substitutes who have attended 2 or less luncheons.
  • For Bronze Members Substitutes where the member has already attended 3 luncheons.
  • Registration for for-profit, non-members whose company staff have NOT attended a FAR luncheon previously.
  • This is for nonprofit, non-member professionals only.

Registration is now closed.

World Economic Output is expected to be around $88T in 2019 and the US will produce/consume roughly 25% of that economic output. The rest of the world is expected to produce 75% of economic output with two regions, Europe and developing Asia, producing the bulk of that percentage. Economic output is expected to grow 3.4% in 2020, an uptick from 2019’s growth rate of 3.0% - with the US expected to grow above the average growth rate of 2.0%-2.2%.

This presentation from Suntrust’s Global Macro Strategist will concentrate on the world economic output and regional contributions to economic growth expectations for 2020. Sources of the strength of the US economy will be discussed and the European outlook will be reviewed from a political angle.

Attendees will learn about:

1. World Economic Outlook - The importance of three regions (US, Europe, Emerging Asia)
2. Recession signals via Trade - Can the US economy expand another 10 yrs?
3. Sources of US economic growth
4. European economic outlook coupled with political fault lines


Eylem Senyuz
Director, Global Macro Strategist
SunTrust Advisory Services, Inc. – Investment Advisory Group

When: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 | 11:15 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. *
Networking 11:15 am - 11:45 am
Buffet opens 11:45 am (click here for menu)
Presentation 12:30 - 1:30 pm

*SPECIAL NOTE: Due to the volume of catering events during the holiday season, registration will close COB, 12/3/19 to ensure our catering needs are fulfilled.

National Housing Center (Auditorium)
1201 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC (map)

Metro: Guests can take the Metro to Farragut North or McPherson Square.
Parking: There is plenty of parking within a few blocks of the National Housing Center.


Gold Members please contact hq@far-roundtable.org to be registered.

Registering yourself: FAR members, please make sure to log in to the FAR website to receive FAR member registration options. FAR members may add nonprofit guests to your registration.

Registering a substitute: FAR members, please do NOT log in to the FAR website if you are registering a colleague as your substitute, simply go to the event page and select the appropriate substitute registration. FAR members may add a first-time, nonprofit non-member guest to the registration.

*If you are a nonprofit, non-member and have not attended a FAR luncheon before, 
please contact hq@far-roundtable.org to attend as our guest!*

This program has been approved for CPE and CAE credit.

FAR is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.  For more information regarding refund, complaint, and program cancellation policies, please contact the FAR office at: 1325 G Street NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005 or email (hq@far-roundtable.org). There are no refunds or cancellations accepted after December 4, 2019. Field of Study: Economics (technical) Program level is basic – update. There are no pre-requisites nor advanced preparation. It is Group-Live delivery method. Sponsor ID: 109395

FAR is a CAE Approved Provider. Program(s) will be evaluated monthly to meet the requirements for fulfilling the professional development requirements to earn or maintain the Certified Association Executive credential. Every program that we offer which qualifies for CAE credit will clearly identify the number of CAE credits granted for full participation, and we will maintain records of your participation in accord with CAE policies. For more information about the CAE credential or Approved Provider program, please visit www.asaecenter.org/cae.

FAR Headquarters

11709 Bowman Green Drive

Reston, VA  20190




FAR Board of Directors

FAR Committees


Wild Apricot development by Webbright