FAR members represent many of the leading trade associations, professional societies, charitable and other not-for-profit organizations in the Washington, DC area. Currently, there are over 300 members.
There are two types of members:
- Nonprofit Member: Not-for-profit association executives.
- Resource Member: Companies which are service providers to the not-for-profit community. (For Resource Member benefits, click here.)
to learn more about becoming a FAR member.
FAR renewals for the 2017-2018 membership year will begin mid-summer.
For-profit members, click here to view membership benefits for 2016-2017. (Currently, there are no openings for new resource members. To be placed on the wait list, please contact Christina at email@example.com.)
- To renew for the 2016-2017 membership year, you need to log in to the FAR website, click on "View profile" and renew! *(see below)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance renewing.
- After logging in to your profile: *To change membership levels, click on the "Change membership level" button (This is how nonprofits can select the bundled membership option or how for-profits can update their membership level.)
- *To keep the same membership level, click the "Renew until 01 Sept 2017" button.
In 2007, Veris Consulting LLC conducted a comprehensive FAR Membership survey. Some findings:
- 75% said they were executive level professionals
- 91% have 6 or more years in the not-for-profit industry with
- 57% having more than 15 years in the industry
- 87% have finance as a primary responsibility; with half having management and/or human resources responsibilities
- FAR member organizations are almost evenly split among budget levels (below $5M, $5-10M, $10-20M, and over $20M)
- Staff sizes: 12% work in organizations with 10 or fewer employees; 34% with 11-30; 21% with 31-50; 19% with 51-100 and 14% over 100 54% are from 501(c)(3) organizations; 37% from 501(c)(6) organizations
- 65% have offices in DC
- 83% said they were satisfied or very satisfied with their FAR membership experience.
FAR Member Directory - FAR Members may access the FAR Member Directory. Login and active membership is required.