There are two types of members:
- Nonprofit Member: Not-for-profit association executives.
- Resource Member: Companies which are service providers to the not-for-profit community.
to learn more about becoming a FAR member.#@#_WA_-_CURSOR_-_POINT_#@#
New FAR memberships and renewals will begin in early August.
For-profit members, click here to view membership benefits for 2018-2019. (Currently, there are no openings for new resource members. To be placed on the wait list, please contact Christina at email@example.com.)
- To renew for the 2018-2019 membership year, you need to log in to the FAR website, click on "View profile" and renew! *(see below or click here for visual instructions)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance renewing.
- After logging in to your profile: *To change membership levels, click on the "Change membership level" button (This is how nonprofits can select the bundled membership option or how for-profits can update their membership level.)
- *To keep the same membership level, click the "Renew until 01 Sept 2019" button.
In 2017, Vault Consulting LLC conducted a comprehensive FAR Membership survey. Some findings:
- 85.3% said they were executive level professionals
- 92.2% have 6 or more years in the not-for-profit industry with 66.2% having more than 15 years in the industry
- 84.4% have finance as a primary responsibility
- FAR member organizations are almost evenly split among budget levels ($5-10M, $10-20M, and over $20M) with only 10.4% reporting for budgets under $5M
- Staff sizes: 10.4% work in organizations with 10 or fewer employees; 28.6% with 11-30; 23.4% with 31-50; 23.4% with 51-100 and 14.3% over 100
- 65.8% have offices in DC
- 88% said they were satisfied or very satisfied with their FAR membership experience
FAR Member Directory - FAR Members may access the FAR Member Directory. Login and active membership is required.